Prepared in an individual coupe
glasses or in one large trifle bowl – introducing the New Lindt Creation range.
Lindt Product: New Lindt Creation – Dark Hazelnut 47%
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Serves or Makes: 8
1 bar Lindt Creation 47% Chocolate (100 g)
8 small chocolate muffins
1 cup (250 mL) dark rum
1 cup (250 mL) toasted coconut, divided (100 g)
1 bar Lindt Creation 47% Dark Chocolate (each 100 g)
1 tbsp (15 mL) unsalted butter (14g)
1 cup (250 mL) double cream
2 tbsp (30 mL) icing sugar (16 g)
1. Finely chop the Lindt Creation 47% Dark Chocolate and set
aside. Heat the custard in a large saucepan on a medium heat and add the chocolate. Stir until the chocolate has melted (around 5 minutes). Cool completely and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
Rest of trifle preparation:
2. Meanwhile, cut the chocolate muffins into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes. Toss with the rum and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
3. In 8 whisky glasses, layer the rum soaked chocolate muffins, chocolate custard and half the toasted coconut. Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours.
4. Finely chop 1 bar of Lindt Creation Dark Chocolate 47%. Place in a heat-proof bowl with the butter. Set over a saucepan of barely simmering water for 5 minutes or until the chocolate has melted and can be stirred.
5. Pour the chocolate over the underside of a clean, dry baking sheet. Spread the chocolate into a very thin layer with an offset-handled spatula or knife. Place in the freezer for 2 to 3 minutes or until the chocolate is just set – it should be pliable but not brittle.
6. Using a bench scraper or metal spatula, scrape the chocolate off the pan in a 45-degree angle to create small or large curls. If the chocolate begins to soften, pop it back in the freezer again. Chill the curls on a parchment paper lined tray until ready to use.
7. Just before serving, whip the cream and sugar until stiff peaks form. Top each trifle with whipped cream. Garnish with the remaining toasted coconut and chocolate curls.
Use coconut rum if desired.
Substitute chocolate muffins with chocolate cake.